What We Do
Mergers & Acquisitions
Commercial Real Estate
Mergers & Acquisitions:
* Assist clients to sell their existing businesses or acquire other businesses.
* Review, draft and negotiate transaction documents on behalf of corporate clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, asset sales and stock deals.
* Advise businesses as "outside" in-house counsel on all aspects of corporate legal matters.
* Counsel start-up businesses in connection with their initial formation and draft practical, workable agreements between the founders and equity investors.
* Work with clients to help develop and implement a sound succession plan, whether to the next generation in a family business, to existing employees or to a third party.
* Structure and negotiate debt and equity financing arrangements.
* Advise "angel" and other private equity investors in connection with investments in start-up and emerging companies, including negotiation of shareholders agreements and convertible debt and preferred stock financings.
* Support and guide clients through all other scenarios that may occur during the business life cycle such as entering into leases, hiring employees and selling a client's business.
* Counsel clients through business disputes and litigation ranging from contract disputes to employee matters.
* Work with individuals and businesses in shareholder disputes and shareholder buyout negotiations.
* Assist with the formation and on-going operations of non-profit businesses,
charities and private foundations.
* Advise on regulatory and governance matters for non-profit companies.
Commercial Real Estate:
* Represent commercial developers to draft agreements with investors, which includes items such as governance, equity requirements, and transfer restrictions.
* Draft and review commercial leases on behalf of both landlords and tenants.